Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 21, 2011













Last week Cody was real sick and we only got a few lines stating how sick he was with the stomach flu....so that is why we didn't post anything for March 14, 2011.

Hey Everyone!

I am back! Last week was rough, me being really sick, we had interviews with President and we had a baptism on Saturday. As for the sickness...I am feeling great. On Sunday night I puked my brains out and I literally thought I was going to die, but I made it out alive and I am good to go for this week. I don't know exactly how I got sick but if I were to guess I would say it was just a virus. I am doing really well though and I feel like I had one of the better weeks of my mission this week. Like I said, we had a baptism this week and it went perfect, and like I think I said last week we are working our butts off and it is paying off.

The girl that we baptized is named Alejandra and she is awesome. She is 13 but understands everything perfect and is very mature for her age. Elder George baptized and I did the confirmation on Sunday. the confirmation went really well and surprisingly it was a pretty decent sized confirmation (my vocabulary has increased a lot in the last few months, haha) The baptism and everything was really good but the best part was the whole week of preparation. Last Saturday Alejandras mom asked if we could come help them take down their house and move the stuff to a different lot nearby, we said yes and we did it with the help of 3 other missionaries. On Tuesday she called me and asked if I could do a big favor for her...come over and build the house! I said we will see what we can do and that i would get back to her. Honestly, I was thinking about not doing it and telling her that that's not what we are here for but I knew that isn't what the Lord wanted. So, Tuesday night I called up Elder Reed and my DL and asked them if they could come help us in the morning, of course they said yes. We went and worked until 1 in the afternoon. Alejandras mom, Sara, seemed really pleased and then asked if we could come back later so she could thank us. We went back to the house at like 5 in the afternoon and we taught her a lesson and testified of why we are here and that we are literally servants of Christ. She got emotional and told us that she asked her church to help her the day before, they said no and then went on to talk bad about us and say some nasty things about us. She told us that she knew that we were good people because we came to help her when we didn't even know her. She came to Alejandras baptism on Saturday with Alejandras aunt and to church on Sunday. They loved church and so we went to share a message with them afterwards and her mom just broke down in tears. She now wants to listen to our message, accepted a baptismal date for the 10th of April and asked me if I would baptize her. I know that the spirit can speak to us, but only if we are willing to listen and act upon the promptings of the spirit will we receive them. If we hadn't gone and done that service for her, we would have more then likely been just another church in her eyes, but because we went, she now has the chance to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in her life.

This week we had some other good people in church and to be hones we are looking really good for April. the Lord blesses us so much when we put our trust in him and my companion and I are seeing the blessings of our hard work finally paying off. My invite to everyone is that you can go out and serve someone, anyone...you never know what could come out if it or how much it could mean to them.

Yours Truly,

Elder Cody Dastrup

PS...I heard BYU is playing Florida in the sweet 16. GO COUGS! (unless they are playing Utah) haha



No comments:

Post a Comment