Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010











Ho la! Como Es tan? How are you all doing? My week was good, filled with excitement and really good. I have no clue where to even start...First off, I learned how to send letters from here, I got you letter mom and dad. I get letters on Tuesdays and my pdays are Monday so it should take 2 or 3 weeks to get back to you, but write me and I will do my best. Now the important stuff...We had a baptism scheduled this week for Sunday, but it fell through. Lets just say that things are different here, our investigator had all the lessons and like 10 visits from the missionaries, went to church 4 weeks in a row but he is gay....I was crushed when my companion came back from the interview, but there isn't much we can do but pray and fast for him. We are in a pretty rough area in 2 ways. We have a lot of "flitas" (Chillan gangsters) in one section so my companion won't go over there after like 6. It is tough because there are people we need to teach over there that don't get home from work until 7 or 8. The other reason our area is rough is that missionaries don't have much success here. My companion has been here 2 1/2 months with 0 baptisms...But there is hope, we have at least 1 investigator who should be getting baptized soon. The gas for our house has a leak in it or something so we had to turn it off and haven't had a warm shower for 4 days! the water is freeeezing! Pray for my house haha Chile is so different than the states, everything about here is crazy. One thing that is similar though is the music...It is actually the exact same. They listen to American music here, and I hear it all day every day. It is kind of awkward though because they don't understand the words and they will be listening to rap or something and it will be unedited and they will be singing it...It's a little funny because they have no clue what they are saying. Anyways, I have got to run but thanks for the prayers, keep praying for my investigators. I love the mission and I wouldn't be doing anything else with my life for the next 2 years. Later!!!


OK the pictures I put on here are mostly from the MTC with my zone, district, teachers, etc. (Elder Bryan Mortensen) but some are obviously from here. I will take way more from here so don't even worry about it. I was going to send more pictures of our house, but our senior missionary said I shouldn't because it would worry you, haha but I did send you a picture of our sweet kitchen! George Foreman grill baby!!! Love Elder Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment