Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010












Some pictures he sent that didn't get to me until later on Monday....the first picture he is with the Young Mens Pres. in the ward and with his most recent companion Elder Gil (pronounced Hill), the second is his zone in Chillan, the third we are not sure what the building is, fourth is him up a tree when he and Elder Gil went fishing with the Young Men in the ward, and the last one is his second companion Elder Bastow.



Hey!

So I have got some news...I am getting transferred. This morning when the zone leaders called and told me that I was leaving I was kind of surprised and I really was a little sad. We have 2 baptisms this next week and it's a mom and her daughter, we have 2 others that are 2 weeks out from being baptized and about 5 more that should get baptized in the next month or 2. There is so much potential here in our sector and it is so sad to be leaving it all behind. In this next transfer we are going to have Christmas, New Years Eve and 2 young men leaving for the mission. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that I was leaving. On the other side of things I am going to Concepcion the biggest city in the mission, I will be closer to the assistants and President and the best of all....Elder Reed and Elder Stermetz (my 2 best friends from the MTC) are going to be in my Zone! I am really excited for the new adventures and challenges that lie ahead. I wasn't told who my new companion was going to be but my ward or sector is called Alonzo Arenas and the ward has a pretty good number of members. I am going to miss this place like crazy but I know in the end that the Lord needs me somewhere else and I am content with the transfer. I know that I am going to have success in this new ward that I am going to and even if it is hard work I am really dedicated at this point in my mission to do whatever it takes to help the people that want to listen to us.

This Thanksgiving I had a lot of time to think about the things that I am thankful for and honestly I have so much. We didn't celebrate thanksgiving obviously but it was good to be in a different country with less physical things to be thankful for and more spiritual things. For example, I am thankful to have my family here in this life and to have the knowledge that I will have them in the next life. I am thankful to have the people in my life that I do, the examples that have brought me to this point and all of the many blessings that I have enjoyed here in the mission and in my life in general. I miss everyone a ton and this next couple of weeks might be tough for me but I am going to get through it and come out the other end stronger than when I entered. I am so thankful for everything I have and for the time I had here in Volcanes "Donde Pica la Jiva". Love you guys.

The one and only,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment