Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 20, 2010

Sorry this is a late posting....we sure enjoyed the video skype with Cody on Christmas day. He looks wonderful and we each took about 15 min. or so with him and at the end he bore his testimony in Spanish and it was so awesome to hear him speak so well. He loves what he is doing and is making a difference in so many peoples lives. Thank you to all who write to him he enjoys reading your letters and gets them quicker now that he is serving near the mission office....He should be writing this week on Saturday we think....


Hey Everyone,
This was one of the hardest of the mission but I feel like it is because I am putting a lot more pressure to get this sector turned around and back on the right track. We didn't have a single investigator in church yesterday...! I am losing my patience but instead of just feeling bad for ourselves we are going out and we are working harder. We have a meeting with our bishop this week to get our (ward) mission leader released (because he is lazy) and call another one that will work harder and go out and work with us. We are also going to call like 6 ward missionaries that can be in charge of teaching the recent converts and some of our good investigators so that we can go out and find more people. I am really excited for the future of this sector and I feel like I will be able to make a noticeable difference here in the next couple of months with my companion. We are working right now with one lady Claudia that is trying to quite smoking so she can get baptized. She was smoking like 20 cigarettes a day when I got here 3 weeks ago and right now she is down to 1/2 of a cigarette a day...haha. She smoke 1/1 of a cigarette yesterday and I feel like she will quit before the new year and hopefully get baptized really soon! I really like this new sector I am just frustrated at how slow the work is going....

As everyone knows, Christmas is around the corner! I am excited and President moved our P-day from Monday to Christmas day so we will be able to spend it with members or other missionaries, depending on what we want to do. Today we got permission from the Assistants and we watched Toy Story 3 and drank homemade egg nog as a district (8 missionaries). It was really fun and it felt nice to get missionary stuff off my mind for like 2 hours. Anyways I am doing good and I am really excited to be able to call home for the holiday! I can't wait to hear everyones voices. And...we got permission to use skype!!! Well I love you guys and keep on sending the packages, I am loving it!!! I got my package from mom with my wrapped presents and stocking in it and I just got another one from the ward!!! Thanks so much for all the stuff in it we have the best ward. I love you guys and hope you have a great week! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Yours Truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment