Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 16, 2011

Pictures of Cody with some of the families he said goodbye to from his last area in Concepcion before being transfered to serve in the mission office....



Elder Reed and Elder Dastrup


Hey guys!

I had another exciting filled week here in the office...(Sarcasm). I am surprisingly enjoying the work here in the office. I am learning a ton and can already tell that my time here is going to be full of success and fun. We live in the 12th floor of a big apartment building in downtown Concepcion and I will be honest, the best thing about this new assignment of being in the office is living in that Apartment with the Assistants. I love living with such great Elders and I have learned a ton from them already on how to be a better leader and companion. Elder Page is my companion and I already knew him pretty well before we became companions, but he is really good and has a ton of potential. I have a feeling that although we don't have a ton of time to work in the sector, we will have a ton of success. I have a cool story but it's really long so I will cut out some details and tell you everything when I get home in a year...haha.

So, there are 4 missionaries in our sector. I was on a mini transfer with one of them and we were helping them set up for a baptismal service. We were kind of wasting time, just hanging out at the church with members waiting for the baptism to start and we had about a half hour before it was going to start. I was standing there thinking how good it would feel to go knock some doors (seeing that I am always in the office working on computers). So I grab Elder Thomas (who has only been in the mission 7 weeks) and we went out to work. We touched about 6 or 7 doors and realized we were out of time. We then got a call from our District Leader and he told us to head back and finish setting up the baptism. Elder Thomas started walking down the hill and I told him that we had to touch 2 more. We touched the first door...nothing. 2nd door...nothing! But it was a huge house that had a speaker in front of the front gate, so I said what the heck and pushed it. A lady answered and said she was busy and I asked her if she would just come out to shake my hand and say hi to us. She hung up and about 10 seconds later she came out. We started talking and she told us that she has lived by the church for a while now and 10 years ago she entered in the church and had a very spiritual experience but that that experience had kind of scared her away from the church and she didn't know why. She told us that every time she saw the church she wanted to go back in but hadn't done it. We testified strong and told her boldly that we were going to have a baptismal service in the church in 10 minutes and invited her to come. She thought for a second and said "I will change and be there in 10 minutes". She showed up and I sat next to her and talked to her the entire time. After the actual baptism she was sitting by herself and I went and sat by her and asked her how she liked it. She told me it was beautiful and that the same feeling that she had felt 10 years ago in the same building, she felt again when the person was baptized. She is a pretty wealthy woman that works almost every day but said we could come by today in the afternoon and share with her and that she really wants to come to church this Sunday. I am really excited to see her tonight and ask that you guys pray that all goes well with her. Also we are working with a family of Ecuadorians and I think we might have the possibility to baptize 1 or 2 people in the house. I am stoked for all of the blessings that the Lord is giving us and all of the blessings that are still to come. I thank you guys for all of your prayers and this is evidence that they are paying off! Love you guys a ton!


Con Carino,

Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment