Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

Hey guys!
This week was a little stressful and has been full of craziness so I will cut right to the chase. So we had transfers this last week and Elder Page left. The next thing that I found out was that I would be getting a Chilean companion that was coming straight to the mission from his house the next day. He had started his mission like 2 months ago but went home after having back problems and now is back and I have him as my companion. Lets just say he has potential to be my favorite companion yet! He is really funny and speaks decent English. We always joke around, I say something funny to him in Spanish and he then says something funny to me in English. He also is a really smart kid who worked for Microsoft before the mission and had a job where he sent viruses to people who used illegal software here in Chile. (He's the guy that send you viruses, haha) I also got another surprise on Monday that I had been called to be District Leader here in Conce. I was kind of nervous at first to have the responsibility but it is practically the same thing, but I have the responsibility to look out for the other missionaries and their investigators as well. I also will be interviewing the Zone Leaders investigators which should be fun and very spiritual. Nothing to crazy has happened during the week except for a few more protests downtown and we had a really cool spiritual lesson last night. I would go into details but...I don't have a ton of time. And that's what after the mission is for anyways!! I love
you guys a ton and hope that all is well back home. I am so thankful for the blessings that I have and ask you to just keep praying for our investigators. Para Que sepan Maria is progressing and promised she will be at church this week! We will see how that goes and hopefully she gets baptized this next week!

Yours Truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment