Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011












Family Home Evening with 10 Investigators



Hey everyone how is it going!?


Once again I had another action packed week. Last week I felt like we really struggled to find investigators and to get out of the office. We have had a lot of things going on here in the office between my companion and his back problems and the new missionary that we received last week...it has been tough. Yesterday we found out 2 things. 1st off Elder Hinojosa will be needing back surgery, and he will be leaving in 3 weeks to get it. It is really sad and has been really tough but we are trying to be positive and I am really trying to help him enjoy his last 3 weeks in the mission. We also received bad new about our other missionary companion (the one we received last week), he will also be going home this week. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't kind of bummed about all that is going on around here and not being able to control the situation the way I would like it, but I respect all of the decisions that have been made by our leaders and I just hope that all goes well for the both of them.


In term of the work, all is well. We had a miracle Sunday and ended up having 4 in church! Maria (the lady we found like 4 months ago), Yessenia, Tania and Melani all came this week and we were really glad to see them there. It is funny to me that the other missionaries from the sector have been finding pure young men and all we can seem to find is women, but all is well, women are usually way more humble and in tune with the spirit haha. I have had a really good week and I think I will be speaking in church tomorrow which I am also excited about. The work is going well and although things are kind of difficult around here right now, I feel at peace and feel really good with the work that we are doing.


I can't think of much more to say so I guess it's time for me to finish up. I hope everyone is doing well and that you guys are all enjoying the AZ summer (it's like 65 or 70 here right now:)


Yours Truly,

Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment