Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23, 2011













It sounds like not too much has happened around the house this last week, but that is definitely not the case here! This last week in church we had 5 investigators in church and the blessings just keep coming. This week we are having 1 baptism and we are hoping to follow it up the next week with another one or 2. We are really excited about the work and the blessings that God has placed upon us and we are really grateful. This week has been another rough on in terms of the work and in terms of drama...it has be DEMASIADO ESTRESANTE! (really stressful). My companion received his flight plans and unless something changes he will be leaving 2 weeks from Monday. Although he is kind of sad about finishing the mission and all, he is working his butt off and we have seen the fruits of our labors. President also tole me in our meeting on Monday that it would be very likely that I leave this transfer and go somewhere else. I really love this ward that I am in and all the people that I have grown close to but it will be nice to get away from the city for a bit.


I don't really talk about any of the fun things that we do so...I guess I could talk a little about that. Today we woke up at 6:30 and played basketball with the Zone Leaders from Concepcion and the Assistants. We played for a while, but it wasn't that great because it wasn't light until about 7:30 and by that time we had to leave. After we played basketball we decided to go to this place in a city called Penco. There is an old Spanish military fort that we went to and explored a little bit and then after we had explored it we went down to one of the most beautiful beaches that I have ever been to. I took some pictures and will attache them to the email. After we did that, we go permission from President and went and ate lunch at a restaurant right outside of our mission boundaries with a member. It was the nicest restaurant I have been to here in Chile and maybe in all my life! It was an all you can eat mexican food restaurant but it didn't have a big buffet, instead they just brought you food as often as you wanted...it was awesome. We normally don't do a ton on our p-days but today was definitely one of the better ones that I have had and I really did enjoy it.


I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well and that you all survived the dust storm in AZ. It was also good to hear from Dallin and to hear that he hasn't changed too much, but at the same time he came home a different person and that the mission really meant a lot to him. I can testify that going on a mission is the best thing that any young man could choose to do and by doing so you will push yourself in ways that you never thought you could be pushed and that you WILL change the lives of hundreds of people if you just accept the call from the Lord. I am grateful to be serving in "Gods Army" and I will never regret the decision to come out here. I hope all of you are having cool experiences and that you have all been able to do some kind of service or missionary work this week. Love you guys with all my heart.


The one and only (thanks to Dallin),

Elder Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment