Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010




Hey everyone hows it going!? this week was a good one for Elder Bastow and I. Our goal was to find as many people as we could and spend less time with the ones that arent progressing very much. We had 4 mini cambios this week which means for 4 out of the 7 days this week I was with a different missionary from the zone. I like working with the other missionaries but at the same time it is nice to sleep in your own bed at night and work with your companion in your own sector. We have this one lady taht we have been teaching that finally came to church this week! It was a miracle!!! let me give you some background on her (and how bad the lives are of some of the people down here)...So she lives in a really ghetto street in a really really rough neighborhood and she has been living there fro 5 years. She said she hears gunshots and yelling in the street every night and taht she hates living there, she has 3 sons and their father (who she isn't married to) is in jail for robbing a store. She doesn't have a job and she is getting kicked out of the house if she doesn't pay soon. Her house is small...really small and it has ll kinds of bugs and fleas in it. This lady needs a lot of help and I can honestly say it has been one of the most humbling and rewarding experiences taht I have had in my life to be able to give her hope, to let her know that God exists and that if she will do her part, he will bless her in this life and in the life to come. It is really early still but I will keep you guys updated on what happens with her.

I am doing going and I am probably in some of the best shape of my life. We walk so much every day and this week we knocked so many doors. Today is our P-Day and we had an activity with the zone at the stake center. We walked a lot of the way so I took some pictures of the sectors "Art". Let's just say that hands down I live in the most ghetto sector in the mission! I am so excited by the potential that we have in our sector and I love the poeple here. The families in our ward are so nice and they have so much love for me and my companion. We are working hard but we could always use your prayers. Thanks for everything,hope you guys are enjoying everything life has to give! Love Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment