Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hey everyone! This week was a really good one. I don't really remember much of what happened at the beginning of the week but later Saturday and Sunday we got to go the the Chapel and listen to General Conference, where the prophet and apostles talked to the world. The Prophet announced 5 new temples which was really cool and also he said that it is an OBLIGATION for young men to go and serve their missions if they are worthy. NEW COMMANDMENT! I liked all of the talks and I like how they focused a lot on modern day revelation through a living Prophet. I liked a lot the talks that were given and I especially liked the one given by Boyd K. Packer. If any of you missed it look it up and read it. He pretty much said that no matter how many times men vote to change laws that effect moral standards here in this world, we cannot vote in the next life. God has set his standards clear and no matter what the laws are, we know morally what is right and what is wrong and we as members of the church will live the higher law. In Argentina Gay marriage was passed about 2 months ago and will probably be getting passed in California soon. Men are successfully changing the laws of the land but the doctrine is clearly stated and Gods law will stand in the next life. It's frustrating to see what the world is coming to but ....that's why I am here.

I am really digging in and getting a feel for the work and my language is picking up as well. I would say that I understand about 90% of what people say and I can say about 50% of the things I want to say in the way that I want to. It's tough to have to always be talking so simple, but I am working hard so that I can express myself fully. My comp is really good and although we aren't best friends, we get along and have a lot of fun together. One thing on the mission that is difficult that I have learned is that we won't always be best friends with the people we are put around but we have to love them. I think one thing that I am working on that we can all work on is casting the beam out of my own eye before I judge others. I feel like we judge a lot in this world when in reality we ourselves have a lot of flaws. I am really enjoying the time that I have out here and becoming a little better with every day. Thanks for all of the support that I have received and for everything, I love you guys so much and will send some more pictures next week. LOVE YOU ALL!
Yours truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment