Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

Hey! This week was a really exciting and interesting one. I worked really hard and had the opportunity to work with some other elders that don't have very much experience out here in the mission either. I had 3 mini-cambios (being with a different companion for the day) this week and 2 of them were with elders that speak about the same as I do...! It was difficult and we struggled but I lead most of the teaching and was able to get what we needed to get done while my companion was in a different sector helping some other missionaries out. Everything is going by so fast now and I can't believe that I have already been out here for as long as I have. I am learning so much right now and I am getting better at every aspect of the mission.

We had conference with our President this week and we got to hear form him and I got to see a few of my friends from the MTC. It was nice and they are all doing pretty good. We talked in conference a lot about the love that God has for all of his children and that we need to search for that same love for the people around us. We talked about how the atonement (Jesus' sacrifice) doesn't have nay affect on peoples lives if they aren't taking the steps to use it and making those ordinances in their lives such as baptism...I am doing good and am on a spiritual high, I feel so blessed for everything I have and all of the knowledge that I have gained out here. I love the life that I am living and the experiences that I am able to have at this young age of my life.

On a non spiritual note guess what!!! I weighed myself today and ....I weigh 165 lbs. I have officially gained 20 lbs out here in the mission field! the food here is really good and there is a lot of it, but I know I need to be careful and start watching what I eat a little better. But...No fears I'm still not fat, I'm doing my exercises. Not much else is going on here just working hard and trying my hardest to keep learning this impossible language. I am doing really good and I am so thankful for all of the support that I have from everyone. Have a good week and keep praying. Elder Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment