Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sept. 6, 2010

Hey! So I had a crazy week!!! I finally go the package mom sent me with the stuff from Jess and the letter from AJ. Thank you guys for everything, I was super excited when I got everything. Ok sooo the funny or the bad 1st?... I will start with the bad. My comp Elder Garcia is getting transferred and he is leaving to be a Zone leader in the Zone where Elder Reed and Stermetz are. (My 2 best friends from the MTC). It's like 4 hours away and it's possible I might not ever see him again because he is so far. I am having a tough time with it because I have really grown to love him and I will really miss him. Also I am losing my Zone Leader Elder Moulton, he is done with his mission and is going home. Both Garcia and Moulton were such great examples to me and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with them. If I have any sort of success on my mission I know it will have a lot to do with the good start that I have gotten and the good examples that I had laid in front of me. Tomorrow I receive my new companion at like 10 or 11 in the morning and for the next 2 weeks or so I will be helping him get comfortable in the sector. I am a little nervous but not too much because I know the sector and our investigators really good, I am just more sad to be losing my Papi (1st companion in the mission field). Ok enough sobbing!

So last night was horrible but super, super funny! Next time you have the missionaries in your house for dinner ask them if this has ever happened to them....So we kind of knew that Garcia was going to leave this cambio so we have been visiting members and saying bye for the last 2 days. First of all we had a huge and late lunch at like 2:30, it was really good but a lot of food. Afterwards at like 6 we had a family home evening at like 6 with a family in the ward. They made a bunch of pancakes and I ate more then anyone and after the pancakes they brought out a pastry thing and cut me a huge piece. I literally have never been so full in my life. I am not exaggerating when I say I couldn't hardly walk. Afterwards we went to another families house to say buy and take a picture. They insisted we ate something but I physically couldn't and after they gave me a huge drink of this nasty melon juice. So after this we went to an appointment that we had at 9 to reschedule for today but when we got there he insisted to give us a drink of papaya soda. I shouldn't have drank it....but he was persistent so I tried. I got like half way done with it and realized it wasn't possible, we kept trying to leave but he kept talking and talking and talking! I thought I was going to die. I finished the drink painfully and we left his house. I got 2 houses down and threw up all over the front of their patio and it wasn't a little throw up, it was epic. But it gets better, I threw up all over my shoes so I walked and found a patch of thick grass to wipe my shoes off. As I was wiping my shoes off "cleaning" them you will never guess what happened....I stepped in a huge pile of dog crap! And about an hour later I found out my companion was leaving me. Probably one of the top 5 worst nights EVER!!! I found humor in all of it and am truly trying to be optimistic about everything. Well I have got to go but wish me luck this next week and keep me in your prayers! Love you guys all so much and hope you have an amazing and joyful week.
Yours Truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment