Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, September 27, 2010

September 20, 2010

sorry about not posting this last week...I didn't realize I hadn't posted it til today....cody's mom

Hey everyone!
I had a really good week but it went by really fast and for some reason I don't remember much. This week was 18 de septiembre which is their version of 4th of July. It was pretty interesting and a lot of fun, but nearly impossible to work. The festivities lasted all weekend and are ending today. Well I have some really, really bad news.....mom don't kill me but... I lost all of my mission pictures! I know mom told me like 50 times to make sure I save them onto discs and sent them home but I never did and now I have none. I let someone use my camera to take pictures at the ward party and she erased all of my pictures on accident when she was trying to erase 1!!! I almost got really mad at her but then I realized that it wouldn't help the situation so I am just trying to be happy with everything but...if anyone knows a way to recover photos that have been erased off a memory care I would love to know because I lost about 400 photos...HELP!!!
We are working hard to find more people to teach but we haven't had too much success. We got a lot of references from the members in that ward that should be good but we are going to have to find all of the houses and try to get in. I got to see President and his wife on Sunday which was nice and Hermana Humphrey said that she has been talking (emailing) to mom a lot which was really cool, kind of weird but cool...haha. (mom is helping build a blog for my mission). We have conference on Friday so I will try to take a picture with her to send it to you. My Spanish is getting better everyday and I still struggle with it but I can understand pretty much any conversation that people are talking about and I usually can say what I want to. I need to study grammar and vocab more, but I definitely see an improvement. I love the work out here and we are trying to do everything that we can to get the Lord's work going a little better down here in Chile. Keep praying for the people here...Love you guys!!!
Yours Truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment