Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010










(AJ what were you doing down in Chile??)

Hey how's everyone doing? I had an amazing week here in Chile and am loving the mission. We have conference here in my city tomorrow and Wednesday with the mission president and one other zone, so that should be interesting...(I am the newest missionary in the conference and it is training) I am a little nervous but I know it will be really good for me. A week from tomorrow are transfers and I have a distinct feeling that Elder Garcia is leaving me. He has been an awesome companion but I'm pretty sure our time together is almost done. I have learned a lot of things since getting here a couple of months ago but I still have a burning desire to be better, in the language, scriptures, spiritually and just to be an overall better person. We are working really hard and have a lot going on this week in the mission. We had 3 baptisms in our sector this month which is the most in the zone and I think possibly the mission. On average our mission baptizes around 80 people every month and there is 150 missionaries. We could be working so much harder and be doing better but I know we are doing a good job.


I don't remember any really funny things that happened this week. It is really cold here again and we have had a lot of rain, which makes it miserable to work, but no complaints here, I know it is better then the summer you all just had in Phoenix. I don't know if there is anything specific you all want to know about Chile or my mission, but if there is ask me (or email my mom) and I can write about it. I attached some photos of the baptism, Javiera, her dad, mom and brother Jaquin (my favorite family here) haha. and a picture of this kid in our ward Christian who is super funny and reminds me of AJ a lot. I have met a lot of people here that remind me of people back in the states so in a way I kind of feel at home here. I hope you are all doing well and having an amazing time, if you get a minute read our wards scripture of the month....D&C 1:12...It's POWERFUL!!! Love you all.


Choi,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment