Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

The only good thing about Monday is that we get our letter from Elder Dastrup....lol

What's going on! It was an awesome week for Elder Garcia and I. We baptized Luis and are hoping to get his family involved with the church as well, but it will be difficult. We have another baptism this week for a girl named Javiera, she is like Katie but 2 or 3 years younger. Their family has a lot of money and we have family home evening with them every week. It is a member family but they were inactive for a long time, but Elder Garcia and I have helped them get back to church and Javiera is ready for baptism this Sunday! We are having a lot of success and I know it's a huge blessing because there was only 1 baptism in the last 6 months before I got here.

I witnessed a miracle today. Elder Garcia and I were walking to take our laundry to a lady in the ward who does our laundry for us and we were talking to people on the street while we were going and I asked a random lady how her day was and stuff and she said she had something for me...MY PLAQUE! The name tags that missionaries have, I lost it 2 weeks ago and she had it in her purse and said she found it in the street a couple of weeks ago. We live in a decent sized area so it was a little crazy for that to happen.

I finally got letters this week, I received a lot so I won't get back to everyone all at once but I wrote like 6 today so...yea in a week or so those should be arriving. Thanks for the package mom, I got it and have eaten all the candy! (American candy is so much better the Chilean). Thanks for the letters/candy from my friends in there also (Jess and Josh). This next Monday Elder Garcia and I have decided to go into the city and take some pictures in the morning so the next email should have a bunch. I am doing great, my health is great and it sounds like everyone is doing ok. I love you all and miss you like crazy, this week I have missed my family a lot for some reason and I think it's because I see how happy families are down here and how close they are one with another. I think that is one thing we can all work on back in the states, family home evenings are essential whether you are a member of the church or not. Set aside one night a week where you can spend 2 hours or so doing something with only you and your family, or with another family that could use some help. Show love for each other because you never know what tomorrow is going to bring. Have an amazing week and keep praying for my area and investigators, it's working!!! Love Elder Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment