Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

Hey Everyone! I had an awesome week! How is everyone doing back in the states? Chile is hanging in there and we are having a lot of success. We had a lot of miracles this week...I had a mini cambio with one of the zone leaders, Elder Moulton on Tuesday and it went really good. We have a 16 year old named Andy who we visit him and his mom like once every week or two but he had a lot of problems so we never really thought he was listening to our messages. He likes to to go out in the night with his friends and rob people because his family doesn't have any money and stuff like that ....SUPER FLITE! (Gangster) but I know deep down he is a good kid and just needs some help. So Elder Moulton and I taught him a lesson that was really powerful and he has been praying and said he wants to change and be baptized. This is a huge miracle and I don't know if he will follow through with his words but if he does, it would be the best decision he has ever made. We had another miracle on Sunday too...Hermano Del Valle (the dad of Javiera) talked with the bishop and really wants to baptize his daughter before we have transfers (7th of Sept) so Bishop said that we could do the baptism this week! So we have Javiera's Baptism this Saturday. I am really excited and it should be really special.

I am a little nervous for this upcoming month because I don't know if I will have a change in companions or not. I think one transfer more with Elder Garcia would be perfect, but I have a feeling he is leaving. Our sector is strong right now and we have a lot of potential so I think one more transfer with Elder Garcia would be perfect. My health is good and I ate McDonald's today so I feel AMAZING!! It's weird to say, but if you live here and can afford to eat at McDonald's you are pretty well off. (I used my personal visa, haha) It's starting to heat up here and I am beginning to realize that I am going to have a really hot Christmas. I miss everyone a lot but time is flying and I almost have 5 months in the mission. I wish time would slow down but it is what it is and I need to keep working harder every day. The only struggle I am having right now is patience. I want to know the language perfect, learn the scriptures better and have everyone here love me, but I know that I am not ready for all the blessings the Lord has in store for me. I need to be patient and work hard so I will be prepared. I love the work with all my heart and I would die for this message that we have, it's true and I am witnessing it's effects every day. Hope everyone is doing well.... Love always Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment