Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Jan 2, 2012

Hey,
We had a good day today, but I am super tired and running way behind schedule! We had leadership conference today in Chillan and we just got back to Concepcion like an hour ago. (kind of lame p-day) haha. The conference went really well though and I feel like we learned a lot of valuable things that are going to help us looking forward in the zone. I felt almost a little out of place at the conference though, one because I am one of the oldest Zone Leaders and 2 because I am almost positive that I won't be in the zone next transfer. I am going to miss this zone a ton and I am really sad that my time is coming to an end here in Chiguayante, but on the other side I know that we have accomplished a ton of things here and I feel like the Lord is happy with what we have done thus far. As for my companion....he is doing great. Elder Ford is progressing a ton and I feel like he will be ready to take things over if I am switched out of here. He is a really good guy and to be honest I don't know if I have ever met someone with a heart as big as his.

At the moment the only interesting thing I can think about is that we are teaching a man name Marcelo who is really cool and is the only member of his family who isn't a ember. His wife and 3 sons are all members and we are trying to complete the family. We had a family home evening scheduled for tonight but we rescheduled it for tomorrow night. We are going to do it with his brother in law (who is his best friend) who is an inactive member that we are slowly getting to come back to church and has a ton of desires to help us get Marcelo baptized. We are also working with my convert Eduardos younger brother who still hasn't gone to church but looks like he has some promise to be getting baptized here in the next month or two.

I am really doing great though and we really had a good time for new years. We got permission to eat dinner with a family in the ward for new years eve to celebrate it with them. The 4 of us Elder Ford, Weston and Silva decided to go over to the Ferradas house (the family of another convert here in the sector) and it was really good. We ate steak and chicken and a bunch of other stuff and just really enjoyed it a ton. Unfortunately we had to be in the house by 11 so we didn't get to see many fireworks, but we really did enjoy it. Anyways...I have to go but we will talk next week. I am assuming. Have a great week and try to make the best out of every situation.

Yours truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment