Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Hey,
Wow! It is good to hear that there is a lot going on back home and that President Wagner has been called to be a mission President. He will be awesome and his missionaries will love him. Do you know what mission it is yet? That's a bummer that he is getting released this Sunday, but there are a ton of great candidates in the Stake that could do an amazing job as a Stake President. As for my companion and I , we worked super hard this week and I am not going to lie, things didn't go super well. we found a decent amount of new people and I feel like we have some good ideas for this upcoming week on how we can find even more, and more importantly find the people that are willing to make covenants. Marcelo and another older man that we found last week both came to church and we have a family home evening with Marcelo on Tuesday. The problem with him is that he doesn't really give us the time to teach him and he really isn't progressing towards baptism. we need to change a few things up if we want to see him progress.

We have also been working really hard with all of the new converts and with all of the less actives here in the ward. We have seen a lot of success working with less actives and we hope to be able to reactivate a family or 2 this week along with finding some people that really want what we have to offer SALVATION!!! Anyways, in other news we have transfers in a week and it is about 95$ likely that I will be leaving to go to another sector to end the mission there. I am really excited to have the change of sectors and I feel like a fresh start in a new sector is exactly what I could use right now. I have come to love new challenges and I feel like this one will be one of the most challenging. I am preparing myself to take everything that I have learned as a missionary and as a leader and apply it 100% all out for the last remaining months.

On a less spiritual note...today we went paint balling for a zone activity that Concepcion invited us to and it was awesome. We played in a section of abandoned houses between the river and some foresty hills. It was really fun and we ended up winning 2 out of 3 games. It was nice to get my mind off of things for a half hour, but now we are refocusing and ready to go back out to work today. Thanks for all of the letters of encouragement and everything that everyone back home does for me. I love you all a ton and can't wait to serve you all as much as you have served me over these last few months.

Yours truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment