Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 24, 2012

Hey everyone,
I am really pressed on time and I have quite a bit of news. I have been transferred to....TALCA! Yea, Talca. I am really excited to head out there and work. I will be a Zone Leader again out there and I am excited to be able to have a fresh start serving a new group of missionaries and for the opportunity that I will have to work along side another ZL. Elder Chilcote will be my new companion. I am grateful for the opportunity that I will have to have another Zone Leader companion and for the opportunity that I will have to learn from another missionary that has a lot of time and experience in the mission. From what I have heard and seen Elder Chilcote is a really quiet but confident and very capable missionary that I am sure will teach me a lot about humility and Christlike service. On the other side of things, I am really sad to be leaving the zone and to be leaving Elder Weston and Elder Ford especially. Elder Weston will do a great job taking over the zone with the new Zone Leader and I am sure they will be able to take the zone to a level that we never got it to. Elder Ford has been a really good son and I know that he will go on to have a successful mission and help a lot of people come unto Christ. I will miss him and hope that he realizes how much he has helped me as a missionary and as a person. In terms of families I will miss here....All of them. I loved this ward and have been in and have had the opportunity to get to know a ton of new people that will always have a place in my heart. Last night I had the opportunity to go and say bye to the Luarte family and it went well. We talked and had a good time and they made me a video with pictures of all of us that they had taken and then they had me say a prayer to bless their family before I left. I cried...P.S. I have cried 2 times in my mission and both times have been in this sector with the Luartes! I really wanted for them to accept the gospel...but the Lord knows we did our part. Anyways, I have to go finish applying for college ughh! I'm not trunkie, but the deadline is in a week, so it has to be done. I love you all and hope that all goes well for you this week. Let me know if there is anything that you want to know or hear about.
Yours Truly,
Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment