Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 14, 2010



Here are a few pictures of Elder Dastrup while serving at the Provo MTC. They are with his first District and Companion Elder Reed.
This Weeks Letter:
Hola! Coma Esta!!! I had an awesome week here at the MTC, I don't even know where to begin. Oh now I remember where I wanted to start...Tuesday night Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to us! Crazy huh? He is the most powerful speaker that I have ever heard. The greatest thing that I learned from him is how he spoke to us...He was so powerful and so bold that you felt like he was looking into your soul and telling you everything that you as an individual needed to hear. He said some really rememberable lines to us, he said "How dare you think that you have the right to be the one missionary who wastes his mission and the Lord's time." He also said that if we ended up leaving the church and come up to him with a bunch of tattoos and long hair and try to talk to him about our missions, that he will "punch us right in the nose" haha I thought it was a very funny thing for an apostle to say but it is very true. The main point that he talked about that I wanted to share with you is how he said we were such examples to young children. He said that his grandchildren look up to missionaries with such high esteem and for us to be anything less than what they think is horrible. I hope that I was a good example to all of you and that I had some positive impact in changing someones life for the better. Yesterday we had TRC (our last one in English) :( and we taught a pretty awesome lesson on the plan of salvation. I got to use the story of how I will see my older brother again who died at birth and what a blessing that is to me. We taught another lesson last night on the word of wisdom and how important it is in our lives and it was super powerful. I just went through the temple for a man who was born in 1637! He has been waiting for over 300 years for somebody to help him out and I was the one who got to do it, it was such a great experience. I love you all and miss you so much. Thanks for all of the support I receive, it means the world to me. Ooo and by the way on a super spiritual note...I heard the suns swept the spurs, I knew I would be blessed for serving a mission I just didn't know my blessings would be so great!!!haha Love you guys...Elder Cody Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment