Contact Information

Cody's Mission Home Address in Chile:

Elder Cody K. Dastrup
Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940,Oficina 502
Concepcion
CHILE

It costs .98 cents to mail a letter to CHILE.

Packages need to be sent via US Postal Service (send pkgs. priority mail and it runs from $12-$55 depending on size of box) DO NOT SEND VIA Fed-ex, UPS, or DHL (as it will cost him over $100 to get it in Chile)


If you would like to communicate via email, send an email to dastrup5@cox.net and your email will be forwarded to Cody as he is only allowed to email family members.

Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7, 2010 Letter

Hola! How's it going!? This week seems to have been pretty uneventful, but there were some experiences that I would like to share with everyone. We have TRC appointments which are fake investigators (people interested in the church) but how it works is that you get to teach these people that you have never met, find their needs and meet their needs. We had a lady who had a niece that has cancer. Her niece is 32 and has 3 kids. She has about 3 more months to live and had no concept of what happened to her after death. So...we decided to teach her about the plan of salvation PERFECT. As we were teaching I shared a personal experience with her and felt the spirit sooo strong. It was so powerful and at that point the spirit so strongly testified that the spirit was true. The lady committed herself to baptism without us doing much work at all, it was the spirit. Anyways, I am still really enjoying my time here at the MTC. My companion and I haven't gotten on each others nerves yet and that makes all of the difference int eh world. By the way anyone is welcome to send us food anytime:) (mom send us more lemon bars) The days drag on here and the weeks fly, it's weird and hard to explain why, but this feels like home (for now) haha . I am picking up the language and with the help of the Lord I should have it in no time, or maybe a couple more months, haha. Some elders from our zone are leaving this week which is going to be tough on me but it will be ok. I have become close with so many people and have at least 10 people I am going to try to stay in contact with even after my mission. How is it in AZ? I miss it there. I miss all of you especially the family. I miss Addie and I miss the Suns! I miss everything sooo much, but at the end of the day...The mission is where I need to be and where I want to be. Everything else will still be there when I get home, but I may never get an opportunity like this again. Remember to follow your desires and as long as they are righteous and you are obedient God will prepare a way for your greatest dreams to come true. I love you all and have a good week. Adios! Elder Dastrup

No comments:

Post a Comment